Monday, March 25, 2013

Yummy and Super Easy Apple Dumplings

Good Morning Friends, While making these wonderful and super easy Apple Dumplings last night, It came to me that you might like the recipe too! I came across this recipe (recipe is from Trisha Yearwoods) quite sometime back while surfing the web for something new to make and let me tell you......It is now one of our family's favorite go to's! Once you try them, and see how easy they are to throw together and how yummy they come out....You will be wanting to make them all the time!
Apple Dumplings
Ingredients:
2 Granny Smith Apples
1 Lemon
1 Cup Sugar
1 Stick Of Butter
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
8 Canned Buttermilk Biscuits
4 Teaspoons Of Ground Cinnamon
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Peel and core Apples and cut them into 8 slices vertically. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl of water and place apple slices into, to prevent them from turning brown. In a medium sauce pan, 1 cup of water, 3/4 cup of sugar, the butter and vanilla. Bring the sugar mixture to boil over medium heat.
Separate each biscuit into two layers. Wrap a biscuit layer around apple slice, stretching the biscuit slightly to overlap , and seal on the bottom. Place the wrapped apples seal side down in a 9x12 by 2 inch casserole dish. Pour the hot apple mixture over the wrapped apples. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle all over the tops of the wrapped apples. Bake until golden brown for 35 minutes. And Enjoy! (I served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream)
**Please note, do not get alarmed with all the liquid when pouring over the apple slices it may look like too much, but it's not trust me....It will evaporate and thicken some and make a wonderful sauce!
If you make them I would love to hear what you thought. :)
Until next time,
Big Hugs Mary

6 comments:

Trace4J said...

Morning Friend
Oh yummy.
Could sure go for one right now with my morning coffee.
Thanks for sharing.
Woolie Hugs

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, oh my, they look so good, thanks for sharing.....Blessings Francine.

Earlene said...

Mary this recipe looks yummy. I could eat the whole thing. I love anything with cinnamon in it.
Enjoy your day
earlene

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Mary, I love apple dumplings and simple recipes. This sounds like
awesome, I will definitely try these.
Thanks for sharing, hugs, Lecia

Theresa said...

Oh...Mary...these look and sound wonderful. I think I'll put this on my to make list the next time my family visits. :0)

Chris said...

Blog hopped and found you, those apple dumplings look yummy..